Friday, February 19, 2010

Returning the smile you have had from the start

I woke up this morning 15 minutes before we had to leave for my Dr.s appointment. Something about getting up out of my wonderfully comfortable bed to get shots in my neck from the worlds largest needle is so unappealing.

We got Burger King for breakfast because despite my efforts to kick the fast food habit, we had no food in the house and I have to eat before I go. Did I mention my doctor is a naturopath? He would be so disappointed in me.

Today I am rocking the messy, unwashed, up in a half cute bun hair style. And I could care less.

I also joked with Brian that I am bringing back the 80's with my off the shoulder sweater and a tank top underneath.

In reality for the first time in a long time I feel beautiful.

Maybe messy hair, skinny jeans, sweaters and boots are what makes me most comfortable.

I told Brian that I am having a secret love affair with Michael Grubbs.

If you don't know who that is you need to find out because your life will not be complete without some Wakey!Wakey! on your Ipod.

He laughed because he knows him as the bartender on One Tree Hill. He thought his first name was Grubbs, which would be one of the most amazing things ever. He is also completely envious of his piano skills. Which made me laugh. (however I am completely envious of that as well, just don't tell him that!)

It's not hard to win over my heart. I am a sucker for musicians especially ones who play the piano.

But in reality my heart belongs to Brian. and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I finally made our reservations to go to San Diego over spring break. 3 days in California is much needed right now, we are staying in a hotel right next to the beach. I'm in love already!

Today I should be cleaning my desk, the kitchen counter, doing countless loads of laundry, finding a class to start at Rio in the next few weeks, working on some of my stuff I plan to sell on Etsy. Yet here I sit, listening to music, dreaming about our trip. I will save all these chores for another day because Brian is busy all weekend and I will need things to do.

I miss the days when life wasn't so crazy. When we would just lay in bed and cuddle for hours because we could. Because there was the time for that. Now life is full of work and school and grown up things.

When life is full of work and school and grown up things, it makes me increasingly restless.
It makes me want to lay in bed and watch movies all day.
Or go outside and blow bubbles for hours.
Or dress up and go on a date for no other reason then to have some time for just us. No distractions or interruptions.
Or have tickle fights, that turn into wrestling matches, that result in one of us getting hurt. Not seriously, just the kind of hurt that a kiss will make all better.
Or go out and by a hammock and lay outside and take pictures of my surroundings.

But I have been dealing with grown up things since I was 10, it's no stranger to me.

Did I ever tell you how much I love him?
That I get lost in his blue eyes, and gorgeous smile.
That his laugh is my favorite sound.
That our hands fit perfectly together.
That 4 years later I still get butterflies when I see him.
That he changed my life in so many ways for the better.
That he makes me feel beautiful.
That he loves the giant ugly scar on my chest, even though people stare at it, and make rude comments about it.
That he yells at people who say mean things to me when we park in handicap spots because I have a hanger and am not parking there because I am lazy.


I want to make an epic mix for our drive to California. So I am requesting that you comment with your favorite songs, artists, albums, whatever it is I want it.

P.S. anyone want to be friends?!




No comments:

Post a Comment