Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Almost two months ago, I watched my whole world crumble around me. As the dust began to settle I didn't recognize anything around me, and I still don't. I still don't know much, and every time I try to make sense of things, new information comes out.

I watched people walk out of my life, I cried, I was angry and I felt all alone. But there is now one thing I have figured out. The people who walked out, don't deserve to be in my life, if you can't be there for me in the worst moments, why should you get to be there during the best?

while I cried over the ones who walked away, I should have realized what matters is who walks into my life with honest intentions. Those are the people I love and care for, they are the ones I will be friends with when I am 80, the ones I can cry to, and laugh with, and not worry if they will walk out of my life. They are people who I would do anything for and expect nothing in return, and I know it would be the same on their end.

I don't know how I am going to make it through the next day, the next week, the next month, the next year. What I do know is I have people to help me figure it out, and I don't think I could ask for anything more(except for my sister coming home.)

Happy Birthday little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment